- Get Involved
- Coordinated Assessments
- Data Management Leadership
- Effectiveness Monitoring Coordination & Assessment
- Habitat Data Sharing
- Integrated Status & Trends Monitoring
- Intensively Monitored Watersheds
- Methods Review
- Monitoring Resources.org
- Remote Sensing Forum
- Salmon Population Crosswalk Database
- Completed Projects
PNAMP is uniquely poised to bring together a number of online resources to create a network of information and tools to support many facets of monitoring. These resources include our methods library, community forum, the master sample tool, the monitoring site management and tracking tool, Salmon Monitoring Advisor, and data management resources. PNAMP is thoughtfully considering how to integrate these resources and to plan for future support of these important collaboration and coordination tools.
PNAMP realizes that thoughtfully planning the design of these resources so they work together to provide an efficient interface for users is important. Asking users to log into multiple systems would make things tedious and ultimately result in a lack of interest from users. In addition, asking users to enter the same information about their monitoring in multiple places is redundant and exactly what we are trying to avoid in building these systems, so integration is key. To avoid these issues, PNAMP would like to integrate existing and future PNAMP web resources into a hub with central user/organizational management. While users could still access each existing PNAMP resource at the URL it currently resides, a central homepage would also connect the existing and planned resources together. When a user logs in, they would be logging in to each individual system and would be able to navigate between the systems with ease and little notice that they are leaving one system and going to the next. The benefit would be that monitoring practitioners could enter information once and have it shared many times. Funders and managers would be able to review information about existing and proposed monitoring projects and programs more quickly, better understand gaps and overlaps in monitoring at a regional scale, and make more timely decisions based on best available information.
The initial framework is in place for the central hub, but there are many supporting tasks left to complete to make monitoringresources.org fully functional. Below is the current list. Some of these tasks are fully funded. Others will be slated for FY13.
- Set up identity provider for single sign-on feature
- Develop Community Forum that collates discussions from all tools; will have general discussion groups at this level (not captured at individual tool level)
- Move information about Organizations, Monitoring Programs, Data Repositories, etc. from monitoringmethods.org to monitoringresources.org
- Develop database to host documents of interest to the community, educational resources, etc.
For more information about PNAMP activities on this topic, click on "Events", "Documents" and "Key Documents" in the bottom right corner of this page.
The Leadership Team for this development includes the PNAMP Steering Committee as well as interested PNAMP participants. Software development is provided by Sitka Technology Group. Jacque Schei is the Project Lead for this work.
Single sign on, content migrated, & more!
Oct 18 2012 - 12:07pm
While MonitoringResources.org is still a work in progress, here are some highlights:
* Single sign-on - your monitoringmethods.org account is now the same as your monitoringresources.org account. While you may have been able to log into MR using your MM credentials before, that was only because we copied it over temporarily. Now, both use the same central identity and account management service called Keystone. This means that when you update your profile, its updated in all Keystone-powered apps.
* MR is now the system of record for the list of Monitoring Programs and for Organizations. It also is the central store of the Glossary used by Monitoring Methods, and soon to be used by an updated version of the Salmon Monitoring Advisor that is simply called Monitoring Advisor (monitoringadvisor.org).
* Started, but by no means finished, hyperlinking glossary terms.
* Added a FAQ - your feedback will help us start to fill in content there.
* Cleaned up the menus - stuff that isn't wired up is now disabled to make it clearer that we're not there yet.
Live site up and running
Jul 2 2012 - 2:32pm
The initial pieces of the MonitoringResources.org framework have been built and a central user management system has been integrated into the site. Because this is just the basic framework, you'll likely run into some links that don't work or some language that hasn't yet been refined, but we wanted to make the site available so we can gather feedback on the look and feel in this initial phase. We'll use your feedback to help improve the site as we work through the additional development tasks. So, please visit the website (https://www.monitoringresources.org/) and let us know if you have feedback!